Tuesday, 17 July 2012

I'm a Winner!

I've been given The Versatile Blogger Award and the One Lovely Blog Award.  Yay, thank you to Alexandra of In-House Patterns and Marrie of Purls and Pleats!


Fortunately I have to say 7 things about myself for both awards so I can sneakily combine the two :)

Seven things about me:
-I am a bit of a grammar/punctuation pedant!  It drives me nuts how often its/it's and your/you're are misused! 

-As I mention in my profile, and well, the name of my blog, I have only just gotten well after ten years!  Most of the time, all I could do when I was ill was sit on the couch watching tv or playing games, and spend time on the internet.  Now I can do things, and it rules!  I'm so grateful!

-I met my husband through the internet!  I spent a lot of time on the internet when I was ill, and we met on a message board about video games (surprised?  Yes, I am a nerd!).  He is the most wonderful man!

-I have just recently worked the first day in my life at 25 years old!  Previously I had been too ill to work.  Unfortunately...the more I work, the less time I have to make stuff! The blog will be a bit quieter for now...

-I think too hard about things and go into far too much detail.  When I was in school we made windsocks.  Mine was so weighed down with extra details it wouldn't fly, lol!  I guess that sort of sums me up, lol!

-I don't don't how to do hair and makeup to save my life... lol!  I keep thinking "I should really learn how to be a girl someday..."

-I can't watch horror movies.. I'm far too much of a wimp!


Alright, alright, enough waffling on about myself.  Time to nominate some blogs!
Here are some blogs I heartily recommend.  I think I'm supposed to nominate 15 but honestly, I don't follow enough blogs, lol! 

Marie at A Sewing Odyssey
Kristen at K-Line
Gail at Today's Agenda
Sue at Sewing Steady
Katy at Denim Skirts and Other Stuff 
Neeno at Sew Me Love

And I've won one more thing.... some yarn from The Hectic Eclectic!  Yay!  I was so excited!  I'm going to make my husband a scarf with it... Thanks so much!!


11 comments:

  1. Whoo, congrats! These are always fun things!

    I too am totally ignorant of How to Be a Girl, but with the help of a similarly-named column on TheHairpin.com, I am making strides. Maybe someday I'll even have a hairstyle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, glad I'm not alone in my non-girl-knowingness!

      Delete
  2. Congrats and thank you!!! Just so you know, I, too, am obsessive over small details to a fault and am bad at being a girl when it comes to hair/makeup... I have no problem with girly clothes/shoes, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for nominating me! I have a couple of these now that I need to pass on. I would never guess that you were ill for 10 years. You've made an amazing recovery! Ha ha - I can't be bothered with make up either - apart from lippy but that always comes off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally guilty of the your/you're mistake-oh so often. My husband always points it out as it's a pet peeve of his too. Some day I'll get it right!
    Congratulations on the awards, it's so lovely to be noticed! (did I use that right?) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, You did get it right!! Haha :)

      Delete
  5. Oh congrats on the bloggy lovliness and on your first job. Oh, and of course on getting well enough to experience more of the real (vs the virtual) world :O

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Jo! I did see it yesterday but didn't have time to comment - still computerless!

    I am totally with you on the grammar and spelling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Jo!!!! You are a doll!! Thank you so much for the nomination! I haven't had time to blog yet, but I will do a small spiel on my next post!! So glad you are well now and back to work, which is great! We are the same age! Yay!!!!
    Take care love!!! and Congrats!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Add a comment! :)